Reality and I had a difference of opinion, we're currently undergoing trial separation.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Catch up time

I know I've been quiet, and it's not really from a lack of anything to say, rather than the lack of any time or inclination to say it.

The job is coming along alright, I've now been here for the better art of a month and I hasn't sent me running screaming yet. Although I have decided that it's not the permanent position for me and when my three month probation contract comes up, I'm not going to go permanent if I haven't found something else by that point. Instead I'm going to give Nikki's freelance agents a call since I reckon I can do well for a while as a freelance contractor - there's good money in it, and a variety of people to be met, since you'll often take fairly long contracts a big name agencies.

I've also got an interview this evening for a position at a company that I really like the sound of. They asked for a junior with 2 years of experience, but I applied anyway - on the grounds that they seem cool enough that I'm willing to take a bit of a title downgrade. I'm rather excited, but it does interfere with role-playing a bit this evening.

Under normal circumstances this wouldn't be a problem, but it happens that tonight is the start of our new World of Darkness: Vampire campaign using the new setting. Beyond the Mountains of Madness as run by Russell has failed once again to have the party make it to the ice (although at least they left the docks this time). Alan's sociopathic character decided that the only way to prevent a mutiny was to murder Starkweather with a straight razor while his cabin mate slept in the bunk above. Lacking it's leader, and having yet another crew member murdered the expedition had to be turned round and brought back to NY. I was sooooo miff, since I loved my character! (Although there is a vague promise that in three years or so when Vampire ends we'll have another stab at BtMoM and I can play Prof. Edward again - seeing as Alan's sociopath was on his second run...)

I've had my usual busy social-life. The BF, Tony, and I went for sushi on Valentine's - the food was good at the restaurant he chose, but the service was terrible and the atmosphere a little unfriendly.

Regarding martial arts I've been considering my options. There's been a bunch of issues about Jitsu, and essentially I can't make Monday night sessions as I'd get back from Pretoria too later and also I'm just generally too tired on Mondays to do anything more than go home and relax after work. While Sunday sessions are supposed to be happening more often, and the club moving to Joburg sometime this year, I've decided I need to relax my attitudes and attendance for a while.

I considered starting something else for a while - but the aikido club I went to seemed too meditation focused (15 minutes of synchronized breathing at the start was more than I can take). I've yet to find a Kung-fu class or the like that trains on a Tuesday and Thursday, plus Lauren has taken a job in the UK so will only be here for another month anyway. At the moment I'm doing judo with her once a week, which I've decided to just keep up with for the next month and then I'll contemplate alternatives again.

Anway, now that the news is out of the way, maybe I'll post something a little more interesting next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home