Reality and I had a difference of opinion, we're currently undergoing trial separation.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Rain, rain go away.

I have a much higher rain tolerance than the average resident of Jo'burg, so when I say I'm sick of the rain, you've got to realise how badly it's upsetting everyone else. Yeah gods, am I sick of the rain!

It's been raining almost solidly for the entire month here - except for one week, which was the weird one with the vast swarms of butterflies.

Everything is waterlogged. The lawn at home is so bad that people visiting (and hence parking on it) have been gouging really really deep grooves in it since it's essentially a thin layer of grass over clay-mud. This gives very little traction and means that much extra wheel spinning is happening every time someone drives onto or off it. There's no way in hell it's going to recover before winter, and it may take a lot of digging to level it all again.

It has also not been helping my sinuses which have been feeling snuffly for weeks as a result of the damp. A cheerful reminder of one of the reasons I hate winters in Cape Town so passionately.

Traffic has also been suffering, and it's christmas for the panel beaters. I was very glad that the morning's rains had dried by the time we headed for Pretoria yesterday. I'm also very glad that none of the routes that I travel have much heavy traffic or high-accident zones, although I feel sorry for the road-works bunch since new pot-holes form on a daily basis. (Fortunately for us, with elections in the next few days these are being fixed almost as rapidly.)

I'm exceedingly glad to discover that my boss isn't back until Thursday! Yay! I thought he was back today, in fact. This is especially pleasant since I need to make a couple of print-outs of stuff for my portfolio and I was trying to figure out how to sneak them past Darnell this afternoon, and also leave in time to make it to my 17h30 interview in Bryanston in this weather! So all solved now. Double yay!

Of course my biggest joy is the fact that I go paid this weekend and so finally I've actually got the funds to do stuff again! And most importantly I can afford such luxuries as paying off my credit card, my rent and my vehicle-related debt to Grant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home