Reality and I had a difference of opinion, we're currently undergoing trial separation.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Call of the dark-side!

I am gradually working toward completing my transformation from chronically uncertain and responsibility-lacking post-teen to moderately-slack pseudo-yuppie.

The step completed yesterday was to sign up for a gym contract with the joys of Discovery Vitality. Cheap contracts! Yay!

Seeing that within limits, I actually like exercise, I don't think going twice a month to keep the contract active will be too difficult. Plus Tony and his friend Brett started going to the gym twice a week and I'm going to join them on Mondays from now on. I'll probably aim to go on my own at other times, especially since I get equal access to 2 other Virgin Actives in the area. I like gymming in the morning, but I don't know that I can face the 5am wake up to do it... not yet at least, maybe if I get addicted...

Meanwhile I've been making friends with Liz, my new physio - since Lala is a little far away. She's been trying to sort out my groin muscles and ankle. Strangely it's the ankle that providing the greatest trouble. It's been 6 weeks since the grading and it's still very unhappy. Admittedly, I did manage to twist it twice after the grading, once very badly 4 days after, and then a mild twist more recently. They booby-trapped me as I was exiting the physio by washing the tiled ramp that comes up to the front door - and there's no second option of stairs...

Next things on the list are, of course, to move out to which purpose Tony and I are currently collecting usefulls. We bought some really nice, matching wine glasses and tumblers this weekend and a Morphy Richards microwave in brushed steel last weekend. This weekend we might invest in the matching apple-red kettle and toaster we saw while shopping for said microwave.

Then once all that is over, I need to start saving for a new car!

2 Comments:

Blogger realist said...

Hey there!

Stumbled upon your blog today - pretty cool!

4:19 pm, December 05, 2006

 
Blogger Andrew said...

Yar. Now you can be a more cost efficient movie whore.

11:42 am, December 07, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home