Reality and I had a difference of opinion, we're currently undergoing trial separation.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Bloody hell!

Two of our client are late with the copy for their annual reports and Liz, the DTP operator is sick! This means that work will need to be done this weekend. Fair enough, my bosses say they're getting a freelancer in to support Liz, but apparently I will need to come in too.

Liz and the freelancer will both get paid overtime rates for this extra work, I on the other hand will get f'all, except the pleasure of 'doing my duty'. Do I have a right to utterly livid over this? 'cos I am. I'm sorry, it's not my fault the client aren't following schedule, or that Liz is 'understaffed', she's our supplier and she should sort it out herself. I know that deadlines are important, but I don't see why I should be dragged into it, for little too no reward.

Sigh, I need to vent. My mood is not helped by the fact that I was in the office till quarter to ten last night. Partially my fault for being unable to focus on Wednesday.

I also have a suspicion that my body is struggling to fight off the germs from Liz and Darnell - or possibly Tony, since he was feeling a little down on Wednesday.

Angry angry angry.

I'm not having a good side of the bed month so far.

Plus I want my contract and I want more f'ing money!!!

I also want to go watch Freshly Ground at the Bassline tonight, but at a hundred bucks a ticket I'm not taking Tony who'd hate it, and I don't have anyone else to subsitute him for. :(

I wish I had a tail, just so I could twitch it right now. Tapping an eraser on my notepad just doesn't have the same effect, no matter how agressively I do it.


Ooooh, and my insurance are wankers, I told them I've moved to Joburg and they've doubled my premiums. I'm sorry there's no way in hell I should be paying just short of half a grand a month for a car that's almost a decade old and worth around 30k! You've got to be shitting me!

Now if I can focus long enough to finish my current work I'm going to start getting competitors insurance quotes.

Grrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home